No

Artwork by Kate Ylagan

I will say 'no'. Not because I want to be difficult, but because what you are trying to make me do is not right. It's against my principles and I will not apologize for keeping my values intact.

I will not answer your questions. Not because I am rude, but because what you're asking will only tap wounds which took too long to heal. I worked so hard to get past the pain and you wouldn't be the one to make me relive it.

I will build a wall. Not because I am too proud, but because people tend to cross it and pretend like they know me. I am sick and tired of hearing that this is who I am and who I am supposed to be from people who don't even know how many demons I've battled just to be standing here today.


RM

To see more of Kate Ylagan's works, visit her Facebook page Obra ni Keyt.

Comments

You may also like