Lippie Love Love Love

Kris Aquino Matte Liquid Lipsticks
Photo by the author

I was wandering aimlessly through the aisles of Watsons when I saw these on sale. Being the thrifty person that I am, I tried them out and made some internal bargaining.

Me: Why are we buying another lipstick?
Me: Because we are always wearing dark red. There are days when we want to be a darling too, you know?
Me: But we almost always want to be the one with the bloody red lips.
Me: Yeah. But they're on sale!
Me: Well, 128 pesos? Not bad.

In the end, there I was - trying the shades available and then, ending up at the counter with two new lipsticks from Kris Aquino and Ever Bilena.

I've heard about Kris Aquino's makeup line several months ago. According to the internet, the Kris Aquino lipstick set was launched in June 2018, featuring the Kris Life Kit - a collection of two matte matic lipsticks in shades Life and Love. Just with the names of the shades, the collection is undeniably Kris'.

Shades Learn and Loyal
Photo by the author

What I got last night were the liquid matte lipsticks in shades Learn and Loyal (See? Very Krissy.).

Disclaimer: I am not a lipstick expert and I may not be able to describe them in a pro way the other bloggers could. I didn't even bother to shoot with a flat lay (Newbie blogger here.). But, let me give it a shot.

Unboxed!
Photo by the author

Learn is a shade of earthy red - its tone reminding me of terracotta and is clearly an easy choice to be an everyday lippie. Loyal, on the other hand, has a warm rose tone perfect for days when you want to dress up but don't want to go overboard with the sweetness. Both colors are perfect for morenas and are not the nude colors which would make people look like they're about to pass out (if you know what I'm saying).

Swatch Time! Loyal and Learn. (Feeling like a pro here.)
Photo by the author

See? Both colors are easy to love. They're also easy to apply and has a powdery finish that would remind you of Maybelline Velvet Matte Lipstick. It doesn't make you feel like and doesn't make you look like you have dry lips, too.

I have yet to comment on its staying power, although I had a heavy dinner after I bought these and there was still a hint of color on my lips by the time I went home. Let's hope for the best!

All in all, if you're looking for an everyday lipstick at an affordable price, I recommend this product. Nothing flashy but definitely has good value.

Until then, love love love!

Even the box has the Krissy statement!
Photo by the author

Last disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement for the Kris Aquino X Ever Bilena products. Just sharing. Hihi.


RM

Comments

You may also like